To activate an eSIM on an iPhone, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Check with your carrier to make sure they support eSIM activation on your iPhone model and plan.
- Obtain an eSIM activation card or QR code from your carrier. This may involve calling your carrier, visiting a carrier store, or using an online service.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan.
- Use your iPhone’s camera to scan the QR code or enter the details manually.
- Follow the prompts to activate the eSIM with your carrier.
- Once you’ve activated your eSIM, you can use it just like a regular physical SIM card. Your iPhone will automatically switch between the eSIM and physical SIM card, depending on the network conditions and your preferences.
- To switch between your eSIM and physical SIM card, go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Plans and tap on the plan you want to use. From there, you can select the default line, choose which line to use for data, and turn off a line if you want to use only one SIM card.
Keep in mind that not all carriers support eSIM technology, and even if your carrier does support it, not all plans may be eligible for eSIM activation.