How to check cell signal strength on iPhone?
To check the cellular signal strength on an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Dial 3001#12345# and press the Call button. This will launch the Field Test Mode.
- You should now see a signal meter instead of the usual bars. The signal meter will display a negative number (in decibels) that indicates the strength of your cellular signal. The closer the number is to 0, the stronger the signal.
- You can also tap on the signal meter to switch between the numerical value and a visual representation of the signal strength.
- To exit Field Test Mode, press the Home button on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also check the cellular signal strength by going to the Settings app, then tapping on Cellular or Mobile Data, and looking at the signal strength bars next to your carrier’s name. However, this method does not provide as precise a measurement as the Field Test Mode.